ANNUAL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING
FIRM APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2/14/2020 AT 10 PM
APPLICATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 15, 2020
11:45 PM CUTOFF
To All CT High School Hockey Head Coaches, Athletic Directors, and Guidance Counselors
The Hartford Whalers Booster Club is happy to announce we are once again awarding the Marty Evtushek Memorial Scholarship for the 2019/2020 school year. The Club will be awarding a $1000 Scholarship to a deserving Connecticut HS student, based exclusively on the following criteria:
1. Student must be full time resident of Connecticut
2. Student must be Senior in High School
3. Student must be playing hockey for their High School team
4. Student must have the intention of playing hockey in college, either at club or NCAA level.
All applications for our scholarship must be done through the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving website. Please see the instructions below.
For all scholarship funds, as of November 30, 2019, this is the process applicants will use to apply for the scholarship.
2. Type the name of the scholarship (Hartford Whalers Booster Club Scholarship) into the search bar
3. Click on the name of the scholarship
4. Follow instructions to apply.
As in previous years, the Student Aid Report (SAR) is required for all scholarships. The SAR is the document sent to students after their FAFSA application has been submitted and processed.
Please do note that the application deadline is February 15, 2020 at 11:45pm.
This is a deadline set by the HFPG and there are no exceptions.
The Booster Club thanks you for sharing our scholarship with your student-athletes. For any questions regarding our scholarship, please reach out to the HWBC's Scholarship Committee with contact information listed below.
The 2019/2020 HWBC Scholarship Committee
Co-Chair Matt Greene